Friday, July 17, 2009

Wow...So many colors!



When I first saw this combo, I thought no way am I going to be able to get all of those colors on one card. As all of you are aware, I am a 3 color kinda girl!
It wasn't as hard as I thought. I used a design detail for the flower from Karen Pedersen. I just loved her flower on this card, and tried to re-create it.
Go by and check out the rest of the entries for this challenge over at kwernerdesign.com
Supplies from CTMH-Tulip CS, Whtie Daisy CS, Sweetleaf CS, Goldrush CS, Tulip ink, Goldrush in, Lilac mist ink, sweetleaf ink, buttercup ink, buttercup button, olive marker, dainty thoughts stamp set, cottage floral stamp set, white floss, sanding kit, foam squares
Other-yellow rickrack

14 comments:

Wendy K. said...

Great card! Those are great colors and I like how you did the partial lines of embossing/sanding.

Sparkplug17 said...

Cute! What a fun and festive card.

Dotty Jo said...

Great use of the colours, such a fun, happy card! Thanks for making me smile, Jo x

Sheila Bennett said...

Great card - it is very pretty. An I really like your idea for varying lengths of embossed lines.

Erica said...

amazing take on a bold color combo

Unknown said...

Absolutely lovely and creative!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun big flower accent piece. Great job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

NancyS said...

Love the fun of this card!

Jeanne said...

What a fantastic card, Aaron! Love that you were able to incorporate all those colors into a fun and happy card. Like the others, I really like the touch of the varied embossed/sanded lines, too!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I haven't got to tell you how great your cards have been...Summer and my son are driving me crazy. I really love the new heading on you blog too. Keep up the beautiful cards.

Bettye

Alanna said...

Gorgeous Aaron. You rocked this challenge.

Crafty Jenn said...

This is sooo fun! Great work on the color challenge.

Marie said...

I love this card! I have really liked the way you have used distressing lines in a new way lately and I've lifted the idea :-)

Katy said...

I love it!!! Especially the embossing and sanding of the lines!