Thursday, July 16, 2009

Purple Hibiscus?


Early last week I was working on a up-coming class, you can see it here, on tropical cards. I had several scrap pieces left on my table, and I decided to make this quick card.
I love this hibiscus stamp set from CTMH, most likely because I love hibiscus! My favorite are the yellow. This card has a purple hibiscus on (because the person I made it for loves purple) but I don't think I have ever seen hibiscus in purple.
What is your favorite color of hibiscus?
Supplies from CTMH-Cranberry CS, pattern paper from Moon Doggie, Extreme happiness stamp set, cranberry ink, bamboo ink, creme brulee ink, pansy purple ink, crochet ribbon, foam squares,

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What a pretty card! I love the white ones with a hint of green. I would of loved to have a bouquet like that...but my red one was just as lovely.

Unknown said...

Great card! I do love that stamp set too but unfortunatly the day after i received mine in the mail, my son (20 months old) took off with it and hid it on me. He hid it good because i still can't find it and i am dying to try it out! i super love your work and thanks for being so inspirational.

Leslie said...

Aaron, your card is great. I have never seen a purple hibiscus, but in Martinsville, VA where I used to live we had a bush that was for all intents and purposes "a hibiscus", but that isn't what it was called, old age makes you forget somethings, anyway it had purple flowers that looked like hibiscus. I miss that bush, now that I am in Florida, but I now have 5 hibiscus in varying shades from red to orange. Extreme Happiness is one of my favorite stamp sets. If you get a chance check out my pandascrapper.blogspot.com. I have a stamp camp project by Sherri Tozzi with moon doggie and extreme happiness posted there.

Alanna said...

Gorgeous card Aaron. I love all those papers.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card, Aaron.
I think I've only seen red or pink hibiscus(es?) in my life and have always liked their seemingly fragile beauty.

Patti said...

I just planted three Hibiscus plants and I'd have to say the yellow is my favorite!

Meredith said...

Beautiful card! My grandmother had a light purple hibiscus when I was growing up. I actually found one like it a few years ago, but it's pretty rare. You can google them and see all the different ones--one of my fave flowers!!

Anonymous said...

This card is great!! Especially because you sent it to me!!
love ya sis....Beverly