Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Queen for a Day

I found the color combo from Jeanette Lynton this week to be a bit of a challenge. The first time around on this combo had a too much of each of the colors. I went back and removed most of the Gypsy purple and it helped.
*Insert story here*
A good friend's daughter called and spoke of an event where if she raised enough money she would get to be the "Queen of the Sock Hop". I couldn't pass up this stamp set and the sentiment "Queen for a Day". The funny part of the story is that she said " a sock hop is kinda like a dance. I think they had them back in the old days, the 80's or something."
I guess to a 9 year old the 80's are vintage.......


{ Queen for a Day crown card Supplies}
Cardstock: Lagoon, Pear, Cotton Candy, Colonial White (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Lagoon, Gypsy (Close to My Heart)
Stamps: Royal-birth (Close to My Heart)
Embellishments: foam tape, purple sparkles, prisma glitter, sanding kit (Close to My Heart) nestiblities die cut (Spellbinders)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Your card is really great, Aaron, but your story is priceless! {giggle} Guess I must be vintage, then!