Thursday, October 21, 2010

Embossing Challenge and Live Show preview

This week the challenge over at the Heart 2 Heart blog is to use some sort of embossing~~dry or heat. Well I got creative and used both! For the back ground of my card I used clear embossing powder and the emboss resist technique. I also heat embossed the large brown leaf on some vintage dictionary paper (Hint: Vintage paper will catch fire*wink* wink*)
I also used some dry embossing on the strip of cardstock.

{Embossed Leaf Card Supplies}
Cardstock: Desert Sand, cocoa, Colonial White (Close to My Heart)
pattern paper: vintage children's dictionary
Ink: Desert Sand, Cocoa Marker (Close to My Heart)
Stamps: Leaf pettie perks, Many Thanks (Close to My Heart)
Embellishments: Twill ribbon, cocoa embossing powder, clear detail embossing powder, cocoa button (Close to My Heart) nestiblities die cut (Spellbinders)


Also-Coming this Sunday-Live Ustream Show - 2pm central time.
Making a wonderful Thanksgiving/Fall Gift set.

7 comments:

Warm n Wonderful said...

I'd like to watch your live ustream. Can you tell me your name over there, or perhaps post a link?
Thanks, Mary

Ann said...

Cool cant wait to see you live on sunday the card is really cute

Peggy Lee said...

wooooow can't wait to watch-love the card you create....beautiful

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMG Aaron - "vintage paper will catch fire" - I hope your home is still intact!!!

This is a beautiful card, by the way - I love your use of both styles on the same card! The vintage paper is just perfect (I'm assuming this is not the piece that caught on fire).

Hugs!

Mary said...

Really lovely card! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome card! Love the great earth tones and wonderful dry embossing. Perfectly festive for this time of year! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Deneen said...

Lol, don't tell me you have experience with vintage dictionary paper catching fire:) Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with H2H.