Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Around my House

I started my Christmas vacation today! I don't have to go back to work till next year! I slept late this morning, read the paper and had my coffee in a non-rushed mode! I thought I would show you a few things around my house today. The temp outside is already 68, and it should get up to almost 80 today which makes it hard to get into the Christmas spirit, but you would never know inside!
Over the years we have collected pencil Santa's from around the world as well as one for every year. I love getting them out each year and looking at all the little details. There are so many of them, some have to be on the lower part of the fireplace.
Here are the yearly collection-starting in 2002.



One of my very favorites is the American Santa.

And here is 2010 Santa.






The Christmas tree this year has ornaments from childhood up to now.



This one has 1983 on the back and is made from a mason jar lid. I love the vintage image in it, and can't believe how well the glitter has held up through the years.









I also have a collection of Children's Christmas books that I like to get out every year.


A favorite is the terra cotta Nativity scene.


And of course the Christmas Salt and Pepper Shakers-some day I will show all of that collection.

I have one set of glass cabinets in the kitchen, and this year I added my grandmothers Santa pitcher and cups. They are all chipped and the paint is worn off, but that because she let us play with them when we were little.






This tree is in the kitchen as well, and I call it the silver tree. My sister works for Hallmark, and so I have lots of Hallmark goodies, including this Christmas village from last year-they light up and play music!





Not sure if I will be back before Christmas, if not--Have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy this blessed season!

4 comments:

Sheila H said...

Everything you showed us is so lovely! I love all your collections. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Shalini said...

these are so pretty. Wishing you and your family and very Merry Christmas!!! Have a great year ahead!!!

NancyK said...

Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for all your sharing this year - and so well done on a daily basis! I enjoy reading your blogs and seeing your beautiful artwork. You are truly an inspiration (and I hope in 2011 to start running so that the CTMH jackets I bought from you are too big for me too!) I'll look for you at convention in Anaheim!

Becky B. said...

Thanks, Aaron, for sharing your beautifully decorated home with us. Also, thanks so much for the WONDERFUL inspiration that you have shared with us this year! I hope that you and your family have a VERY MERRY Christmas and a new year that will be filled with many, many blessings!

Hugs,
Becky B.