Thursday, August 20, 2009

Stop and smell the flowers....

We have never had squirrels in our yard until recently. Now the east part of town has lots and lots of squirrels. The one who has taken up resident in our trees is somewhat odd. (Maybe all squirrels are and I have just never noticed) It seems to be a bit spastic! I stop and watch it often, it runs and stops then rapidly moves it head around. Jumps strait up and down and then back up the tree like something is chasing it. It is all very amusing.
This bookmark was made for the Papertrey ink guest star stamper contest. I used the branch from the Christmas set and turned it upright to create a tree.
One of the cool things is that I stamp right on the chipboard. The piece was craft colored and matched perfectly.
Supplies from CTMH-Tulip ink, chocolate ink, pondarosa pine ink, cocoa ink, pondarosa pine marker, hemp
from Paper trey ink-take a bough stamp set, forest friends stamp set
other-large eylet, green ribbon

5 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

I think all of them are crazy, lol. I use to beg my mom to take me to the rose gardens so I could feed them peanuts as a child. :)

Your bookmark is just darling!

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm sure you've heard the term "squirrelly." Now, you know why. They are strange little characters who are fun to watch. I don't like 'em up close, however, Their feet are really ugly - very rodent-like. Fun bookmark with great advice!

Sarah said...

So cute! I agree with Sparkle...Ever see the squirrel in Over The HEdge...talk about hyper.

Jeanne said...

Yep, them squirrels are nutty. Just this year, I had one that ate through my screens three times to get into the house (we weren't home, but I saw one on my window sill on the inside when we walked into the house). It's really funny if you have an pet that doesn't like them and the squirrel chatters at the animal from high up knowing the pet can't get it. They ARE entertaining...from a distance!

Jeanne said...

Ooops, forgot to say, great bookmark!