Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Comic Strip Flower Tutorial

Today I am going to give you a quick lesson on how to make this great flower. This is a fun way to use the Superhero paper pack in a unique way! You can make your strips any size, but for this flower I used 6 strips. (Three-1/2"x 6" and Three-1/4" x 5") You will also need a hole punch, a brad or flower center of some kind and a little adhesive.
Start by creating loops by folding the paper ends to the center and gluing down.
Next punch holes in the center of each loop. Inset the brad through all 6 pieces layering the smaller ones on the top. Fan out to create flower.
I added the flower to a card base along with some great velvet rub-ons from CTMH.

5 comments:

Karen Day said...

Aaron - this is just gorgeous!! Thanks for the tutorial :o)

Sheila H said...

Very cute flower - thanks for sharing!

Amy Pitts said...

I am getting off work early today and some papercrafts are in my future...I might just have to try this ASAP. So adorable!

Crafty Texan said...

So super cute! And I love that you did that with a "boy" paper. Thanks for sharing!

Kay E said...

I love those flowers! I kind of had an idea of how you made them. Thanks for showing me how. Can't wait to try to make some on my own!