Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Saving CeeCee Honeycut-Book review

OK-I Loved this book!
In fact, I had so many things I NEEDED to be doing, but I found myself heading for a comfy chair with this book instead. Amazon compared it to “Steel Magnolias meets The Help!”, so I knew this book was for me!
For me this book is the story of surviving- not the kind of surviving like "I almost died", but more surviving the things life throws at you.

CeeCee is a 12 year old girl caring for her mother, Camille, who is mentally unstable. Camille wears prom dresses and tiaras all over town, and cant get it through her head that she is not the Onion Queen anymore. Her father is absent much of the time. CeeCee looses her mom in an accident.

CeeCee’s great-aunt, Tootie Caldwell, takes her to live with her in Savannah, Georgia. There are many women who enter her life all for the good!

The story is truely inspiring! Anything live throws at you can surely be overcome-

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing this. Absolutely love The Help!

Aer Conditionat said...

You are right, i`ve read this book and is wonderful, you can learn something if you read it with attention. I recommend it to everyone.

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Sounds like a good read---and a new author for me! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

Wendysuzyq said...

Thanks for the recommendation - I just finished this and loved it!