Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Friendly gift and book review

A week or so ago I put together a few gift tags to have around. I used some large shipping tags and added some stamping and pattern paper. Look close and you can see that I accented the butterfly pattern paper with some liquid glass. Its really easy to jazz up a project with just a little effort using Liquid glass.



Last night I finished a GREAT book. It was a really easy ready, I think I finished it about 4 days while reading at night before I went to bed. (one night I was reading and look over at the clock and it was almost 2am!! Yikes!)
This is a story of Love-true love and love for animals. It a way it makes me want to run off and join the circus (maybe not in the days of this book, because it was a hard time to live in)
The story is about Jacob, and he is in college about to become an animal vet when his parents are killed in an accident. He returns home to find out that his parent had nothing, because they had used all the money to pay for his college. He is upset and runs away. He jumps on a train that is a circus train. When they find out that he has studied to be a vet they hire him on. He falls in love with a performer (who happens to be married already). The circus acquires a elephant who they think is hard headed and stupid. Turns out the elephant is trained in Polish and she is very smart. There are lots of interesting twists and turns along the way.
And this book has been turned into a movie that will be out soon.

And all you Twilight fans should look at who is the star!!


3 comments:

Pamela OConnor said...

Love the gift idea and tag! Great use of the liquid glass. I will also have to check out the book & movie. =) Have a blessed day!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Beautiful tag! I LOVED Water For Elephants and am eagerly awaiting the movie.

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Love that tag-great idea with the liquid glass. Water for Elephants is one of my all time favorite books. I didn't know it was being made into a movie!