Friday, July 23, 2010

Up, Up and away!

A GIANT box of new goodies arrived yesterday, by I made myself promise to use some of the wonderful stamps that I already had that have only seen ink a few times before I use any of the new ones. But I assure you-they are calling my name from the box!!
See that wonderful glitter flourish above? Can you say GLITTER GLUE!?!?! I free-handed the flourish in pencil first and then traced it with the glue. It's so sparklie!! I made 2 of these cards, and check in tomorrow to find out why, WINK, WINK! I made both of these cards using the color combo from Jeanette Lyntons blog. Be sure to check out what she made.


{Thanks so very much card supplies}
Cardstock: Lilac Mist, Colonial White, Brown Bag (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Olive, Outdoor denim (Close to My Heart)
Stamps: Over the Rainbow, Everyday Celebrations (Close to My Heart)
Embossing Powder: Olive (Close to My Heart)
{Nothing but Blue Skies card supplies}
Cardstock: Olive, Brown bag (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Lilac Mist, Outdoor denim, Brown bag (Close to My Heart)
Stamps: Over the Rainbow (Close to My Heart)
Embellishments: Lilac Mist ribbon, foam tape, textured cards from Just because kit (Close to My Heart)


4 comments:

Jeanne said...

That flourish is fabulous, Aaron! You freehanded that?! Wow! I really like that color combination. The second card looks so neat with the clouds and the stamping of the balloon. Great work, Aaron!

You are also a very strong person to resist the lure of new goodies!

Alanna said...

These are both so fabulous. I love how you lightly stamped the balloon on the second one.

Erica said...

those are fab....i just love your art!

Gretel said...

Good to know that the glitter glue picks up the color of ink used under it. Looks like I need to go play a little more with what I have as maybe I would've learned that from my own experience. Thanks for the inspiration!