Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Pretzel Balls & a couple of Books

Happy Valentine's Day!!! A day of LOVE---today my love is for Chocolate filled-heart shaped-salted Pretzel Balls! They are ohhh so yummy!! And easy too! I made them from scratch and one of the things I love about the recipe is that I had everything on hand-didn't have to go to the store at all. Not having to go to the store was great, because we had a small snow storm here and I didn't want to leave the house. To make you very own Salted Pretzel Balls go here.
Also that I have an older video how how to make that Valentine card-a simple one you can make in no time at all! Click here.

Lord John is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters from my favorite author Diana Gabaldon. The hand of devils is a book of 3 smaller stories where Lord John investigates murders/mysteries of fellow soldiers. He is very entertaining. I enjoy reading how he handles people and events.
The brotherhood of the blade is wonderful. Lord John sets out to discover who murdered his father several years ago. Lord John's mother is getting remarried, and soon to be step-father has a step son who becomes his step brother as well as his brother-in-arm. He (Percy) joins the regiment and things get very interesting between Percy and John, causing much conflict. Lord John's mother is hiding a very big secret that John must get to the bottom of. Jamie Fraser appears a few times in this book, making the the story between those too even more exciting.
*One thing I will say is that if you read any of the Lord John series expecting it to be like Jamie and Claire story from Outlander you will be disappointed. These stories are mysteries of 1700 military and should be read to enjoy Lord John.

1 comment:

Island Vittles said...

Your heart shaped pretzel balls look great! I'm not so sure that Mr. Bonnet had a heart, though...;) Theresa