Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Party in my Trailer

The Lucy Trailer is officially finished!  One of my goals for the year was to finish the trailer. In order to do so and not put myself in debt meant that I had to skip the CTMH convention this year. I won't lie, not being at convention hurt- I was sad for a few days. I knew I would be sad so I thought a trailer party would make me forget that I wasn't there. The first party was a book exchange party- I invited all my friends that read (or that I knew liked to read). I asked everyone to bring a book and we did a kind of white elephant book trade. It worked out great, becasue everyone got a book they hadn't read!!

















 Can you see the dark skies in the back ground? My party was to start at 10:30---- at 9:30 the skies turned black and a storm rolled in! In this part of the country we don't wish away rain. I moved all the stuff inside, closed all the windows in the trailer and waited it out! I sent all the guest a text that we would delay for 30 minutes-- it turned out perfect and the weather was to die for!! ( Much better that the hot I was worried about!)

5 comments:

Granny G said...

I was wondering how you were doing on Lucy. She turned out terrific. I wish you many happy hours with her. Glad the Texas skies allowed for a happy, if not delayed a tad, party.

Shan said...

So very cool! Since I'm an avid reader that would be a GREAT party! Glad you guys got rain! We can't get it to stop where I am, I wish we could send some to you guys!

amcgrew said...

Absolutely ADORABLE, Aaron! Your camper is so darling ans what a lovely gathering you hosted!
Did you make a necklace with the cover of the book by Karen Kingsbury, "The Chance?"


Tammy said...

Lucy is beautiful! Great job!!!

Just Crazy Blessed said...

A STINKING DORABLE! SO CUTE!