Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dairy Queen and Dilly Bars

If you live or grew up in a small town in Texas then most likely you had a Dairy Queen in your town. I did and remember it well.
After I finished the book Saving Cee Cee Honeycut, Amazon popped up a recommendation for this book, so I thought I would give it a try because I liked Saving CeeCee so much.
This book is not to bad, it took me a while to get into to it, but by the end I was enjoying it. The store is of a preachers daughter, who can not wait for her 18th birthday so she can get out of her home town and see the world. She is forced to come back home when her father passes away, and it turns out she was meant to be there all along. I enjoyed how she applied the stories her daddy was preaching every Sunday morning to her life, it made me smile!!

No comments: