Thursday, September 2, 2010

You warm my Heart

I am so glad September has finally arrived! I have been doing my best to keep all the new stamps sets and products from Close to My Heart under wraps as best as I could. I think with Convention and the extra month of pre-view it has been really hard for me. This is my card for this week's color challenge over at Jeanette Lynton's Blog. At first I loved the color combo, and then after trying to use it I found it hard to add the Pear color in. I think it works well with just a little bit of the Pear. I am also really proud that I {Me} made that flower!! I have seen them here and there, and I must say that I may be addicted!
ETA: I missed Tresa show last night, but just watched the recording and she made a flower like this (her's is much more fancy)!! If you want to learn how to make a flower like this click here-she is a wonderful teacher!

{You Warm My Heart Card Supplies}
Cardstock: Colonial White, Desert Sand Textured, Smoothie, Sky, Pear (Close to My Heart)
Pattern Paper: Manufique (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Smoothie, Desert Sand (Close to My Heart)
Stamps: A Sip (Close to My Heart)
Embellishments: Green sparkles(Close to My Heart) Brown ribbon (unknown) Fabric flower (handmade)


Sheila Bennett said...

Really nice card. Like how the cup is partially off the paper, and your flower looks great - so soft, and the the sparkles for the center are a perfect touch.

Erica said...

lovely...and dang it..i didn't order that stamp set w/ my huge butt order today...grr!

Amy said...

What a great card. I love it.

Crafty Jenn said...

This is beautiful! Now I have to buy that ss! You and Vicki are bad enablers! Lol!

Thanks for sharing Tresa's link. That flower looks terrific! Nice CU-O video BTW. :D

<3 Jenn

Haley D. said...

So pretty!

Sheila H said...

I totally love that stamp set and plan to purchase it! I liked your stamping the cup off the paper :)

Tresa Black said...

Your flower turned out GOR-JUS! Love it, and the color combo is yummy!

Katy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! Might have to "copy" it and I don't usually copy something exactly as it is :0)