Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sweet Moments Sketch Card

This is my card for this week's Challenge at the Heart 2 Heart blog. I used a new stamp set that will be in the National Stamping Month special-Triple Play. Contact me for more info on how you can get this stamp set for $5.00.
Below you can see how I created the stripe pattern paper. The original pattern had a little too much blue for my card so I cut some thin strips of olive cardstock and glued them over the top of the blue areas.
{Sweet Moments Card Supplies}
Cardstock: Olive, Sweetleaf, Colonial White (Close to My Heart)
Pattern Paper: Miracle (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Olive, Bamboo, Sweetleaf (Close to My Heart)
Stamps: Triple Play, Hit the Spot (Close to My Heart)
Other: Triple Play die cuts, prisma glitter (Close to My Heart)










7 comments:

Sheila H said...

Wow! It's amazing that you changed the stripes on the paper. It would never have occurred to me to do that! It's a tip I'll remember!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous card and fantastic tip! I, too, wouldn't have thought to do that!

Andrea Ewen said...

Great ingeniuity! There's always a way to get something done if you really need to! Wonderful creativity, love your card and that awesome color scheme. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Kate said...

I love the colors that you used and the fact that you changed the patterned paper. Great job!

Jessica said...

You are one crafty lady, love your card and the colors!

Debbie Carriere said...

I love your card. What a great way to make what you have work for you!

Deneen said...

Great card, love how you added the green, and dressed up your 'dots'. Thanks for playing along with H2H!