Wednesday, May 14, 2008

File Folder Pocket booklet (Keynotes)

Here is what you will need. (Plus scissors and sewing machine or ribbon, twine, sassy strands)
These are file folders from CTMH (Fancy Cut File Folders) the medium size.
Click the picture to make it larger. ( please note that the inside score marks are just for a guide when sewing. If you use ribbon or sassy strands you may not need these lines)

I attached all the folders one at a time on the lines

Here is what it looks like when all the folders are attached
Now you see the reason I created a spine cover for the book. My sewing skills lack!!!

Corner round all 4 book corners (optional)

I used a circle punch to make the indent area.

The spine is 2 x4 and then I scored on 1/2" and 1.5"


I made the pockets by using assorted size pattern paper and attaching them with liquid glass

Decorate your pages and make inserts ( I used mini tags)

Here it is some what flattened out so you can see all the tabs.

4 comments:

Liz said...

It's awesome!! Thanks for sharing your directions.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the step by step directions! Yea!

Erica said...

very cute, great demo &photos. DO you think this would be good for a hostess club? 12 ladies? keep costs low? hmmm....

Anonymous said...

You are a very talented lady. Thanks for all the sharing and work you do.
I can hardly wait to make one this weekend.
Have a good day.
Judy