Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ticket #9043

Before you ask-#9043 has no meaning, it was just a number I picked. But if you were making this card for an anniversary or birthday you could incorporate the year. I should have taken a picture of my desk after I made this card, because I made a huge mess for one card!! I had lots of embellishments and supplies out.

It may be hard to tell in the photo, but I embossed the frame with silver pearl embossing powder. Below you can see that I just rubbed the stamp pad over the frame (cut with the cricut) and then heat set the powder on it.







Next I wanted to add a button, one that was unusual. I dumped out the jar of buttons that I have from my great grandmother's stash and went to searching.


I wanted to add a ticket to the card, so I decided to create my own. I cut the base shape with the cricut and then used the small hole punch to create the torn effect on the edges.




Because a lot of this was cut with my cricut I went ahead and cut some extras so that I could put a few kits together. I will have these kit for sale in my etsy store.






I added a tag to each kit with a cut out chair that you can use for another project






2 comments:

Kay said...

This is very cute, Aaron. I especially like the button--very beautiful and unusual.

kayeaston51 said...

I love your buttons!