Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Get Well Card

This week I know 2 ladies having surgery, and I had them in mind when I created this card for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge this week. The challenge was a sketch, you all know how much I love a sketch!
Supplies from Close to My Heart-
sweetleaf textured cardstock
hollyhock cardstock
white daisy cardstock
buttercup cardstock
versa mark ink
white daisy pigment ink
hollyhock ink
clear embossing powder
blush floss
buttercup photo clip
hollyhock brad
smiles stamp set
dainty thoughts stamp set
foam tape
other-
die cuts by nestiblities
white lace

For the main image-
I first stamp the flower and stem in versa mark ink and added clear embossing powder. I then heated.
I used white daisy pigment ink to rub over the top of the cardstock and image. I used a piece of an old t-shirt to buff out the white ink. Lastly I stamped the sentiment in Hollyhock and inked the edges with a sponge.




8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the lace . . . well, I actually like the whole layout and the way it works together. I haven't played with lace yet, so I'm interested in different applications. But this is great!

Mary said...

I love how you added the white ink and then buffed it out - very cool! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Lorrinda said...

So sweet!

Katy said...

LOVE this card, as usual...you're so crafty!!! I hope the storms aren't too bad up your way tonight! thanks for playing along!

Cindy said...

Lovely card!

Cheryl Even said...

Thanks for telling us how you used the white pigment ink. It looks great on your card, so I really want to try it.

Christine David said...

As ALWAYS absolutely wonderful!

Nalazoo said...

Very nice. I love resist stamping - that's how you can make your own Irresistibles! And...to use the small square as an accent, without a word - fun!