Monday, September 30, 2013

Book Review: Game of Thrones



I can't believe I waited so long to read this. My to read list is very long, and I kept skipping over this one.    I kept hearing how good the series was and I kept saying I just didn’t read fantasy. Then there was my friend who said: “Its fantasy and it is not fantasy. Yes, there are dragons and a little bit of magic here and there.  It’s perfect for you considering how you love historical fiction. How you love knights and castles and a good war.” And she was right! When you have the historical background it is easy to see the similarities and even marvel about the genius that Martin actually is in his writing.
I loved the fact that the book is written from different points of views. It never gets boring that way. Although I was flicking through the pages to see when my favorite characters had another chapter coming up. Lucky for me I had lots of favorite characters. Although I have to admit that I am head over heels in love with John Snow.

After I finished the book I watched season one of the show! I will say that I was impressed with it. Nothing is ever as good as the book, but I am so glad I read it before I watch.
On two book 2!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I know what you mean! It took me a while to get around to reading the series. I was hooked right away! I loved all the story lines! The series is very good in keeping with the story. Enjoy the journey!